Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring Market

Spring is in the air. As a family friend said the other day, "The whirly gigs are falling! The whirley gigs are falling!!!" In certain parts of the country this means you can start to plant your summer garden.

I dream of being a gardener. Someone who sinks their hands into the earth making everything bloom an grow. However, that's not me. I did not inherit my father's green thumb.

This fact does not stop me from enjoying fresh flowers and produce, nor keep me from looking lustily at beautiful baby Japanese maple trees. I can do those things at the spring market.


The Seattle region hosts many farmers markets throughout the spring and summer months. I love to go for the local art, live music, hand-made crafts, and of course the FOOD. I am endlessly inspired by the fresh produce, cheeses and meats offered by the vendors. I just don't get this jazzed about going to the grocery store. How about you?



That is fresh mint behind the rhubarb. It was so fragrant and green. Rhubarb pie anyone?


I also love interacting with the vendors, asking questions, taking suggestions and watching the other market-goers enjoying themselves.



It seems like everyone comes to participate in making the day an event. From all the friendly dogs to the classic cars.


I encourage you to find your nearest farmers market, dates and times. Make it a point to go. Pick up some fresh baked goods. I enjoyed some fresh cinnamon rolls from the market this morning. One of my other favorites is raw, local honey. It is just plain delicious and packed with health benefits.


Don't forget to pick up some flowers while you are there too. How could you resist!

Thank you to the Edmonds, WA market and all the wonderful vendors. I'll be seeing you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment