Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

National Burger Month

This month is national burger month apparently. Odd since yesterday I was just thinking up two new burger recipes. I will be testing the recipes and post them later this month.

In the meantime I will provide you with my new favorite burger recipe as of late. I have fallen in love with pork burgers.

At first I tried a 50/50 blend of beef and pork. I'd heard that this added a lot of flavor and an awesome texture to a burger. This did prove to be true. One day however, I tried making a burger of just ground pork. Ah-mazing! I was in love.

I create my own burger seasoning mix (recipe below), add a large pinch to each patty portion, mix, and fry up. The accompaniments that I use are classic, and I suppose that you could use anything you like. Here it is.

 Burger Seasoning Mix:
(Makes many servings)
2-1/2 Tablespoons paprika
2    Tablespoons salt (I use non-iodized free flowing salt)
2    Tablespoons garlic powder
1    Tablespoon onion powder
2    teaspoons black pepper
2    teaspoons ground mustard
1    teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix to combine spices. Store in an airtight container.

I use a three finger pinch for each burger patty portion. I use a teacup saucer to portion my burger patties. They should be about a 1/4 inch thick and be the size of a teacup saucer.

Standard presentation for my burgers are served on a whole wheat bun with melted sharp cheddar cheese, mayo, spicy brown mustard, all natural ketchup, crunchy lettuce, ripe tomato slices, and white onion. Sweet onion is also a nice alternative to plain white onion.

When you give this a try, let me know what you think. I'd love to hear any variations that you come up with.

Thanks to Emeril for the awesome burger seasoning recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment